Tips for Achieving the Perfect Beachy Waves
Beachy waves are a timeless summer hair trend that can give you a relaxed and carefree look. If you want to achieve those effortless and tousled waves, here are some tips to help you master the perfect beachy waves:
1. Prep Your Hair: Start by washing your hair with a texturizing shampoo and conditioner to add some grit and volume. Avoid using heavy products that can weigh your hair down.
2. Apply a Sea Salt Spray: Sea salt sprays can mimic the texture and body of beachy waves. Apply a sea salt spray to your damp hair, scrunching it from roots to ends. This will help create natural-looking waves.
3. Use a Diffuser: To enhance the wave pattern, use a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer. Set the dryer to medium heat and low speed to avoid frizz. Gently cup your hair in the diffuser and scrunch it upwards while drying. This will encourage the waves to form.
4. Twist and Braid: If you have time, twist small sections of your hair and secure them with bobby pins or small elastics. Alternatively, you can create loose braids. Leave them in for a few hours or overnight to set the waves. When you unravel the twists or braids, you'll be left with beautiful beachy waves.
5. Curling Iron Technique: If you prefer using a curling iron, opt for a larger barrel size, like 1.5 inches. Take small sections of hair and wrap them loosely around the barrel, leaving the ends out for a more natural look. Hold for a few seconds and release. Repeat this technique on all sections of your hair.
6. Finger Comb and Finish: Once you have created the waves, use your fingers to gently comb through them. Avoid using a brush or comb, as this can disrupt the waves. For added texture and hold, apply a light-hold hairspray or a texturizing spray.
Remember, the key to achieving beachy waves is keeping them loose and relaxed. Avoid creating tight curls or over-styling your hair. Embrace the natural movement and imperfections for that effortless summer look. With these tips, you'll be ready to rock the hottest hair trend of summer 2023 and turn heads wherever you go.